General Genesis

Posted by The Holy Goof , Thursday, June 3, 2010 5:53 PM

Two years ago I was laying in bed wondering if i'd ever recover. I had been thinking long and hard about the possibility that maybe this time, the taxol would be unable to do its job. and even if it did its job...would the cabergoline be enough to combat the pituitary tumours which had formed in my brain? my life revolved around survival. taking one day at a time and just surviving. and perhaps it is the nature of that fight that allowed me to completely surrender the idea of living. not just surviving, but really living. and maybe this is the reason that i found myself so hopelessly withdrawn from the world. First I fought cancer, and then i fought myself. and this battle would last two whole years, and travel across five continents to a place of complete and total surrender, and finally, serenity. A good friend pushed me to write it all down, and i did. but in my trusty little leather bound journal. I think i'm finally ready to share this story, and so i will post passages from that journal, from the time i got my clean bill of health, until now, as i live and breathe quite happily in Australia. Who knows if anyone will read it. But if you are struggling with cancer, with recovery, with depression, with cataclysmic life change, travel, long distance love or even immigration...there just might be something for you here.

1 Response to "General Genesis"

Anonymous Says:

I'm not only happy you chose to bring this into existence, Ms. Pants, I'm also so very thankful.

Post a Comment